HOW TO PACK FOR A TRIP TO GREAT ALASKA:
Remember, if you have any questions, just call our office at 866.411.2327 (BEAR). We are here to help!
Thanks so much for choosing Great Alaska for your Alaskan Adventure! We hope this information helps to make getting ready a simpler and easier process, and in that way may makes the whole experience a better one. Don’t let any of this stress you out!!!!!
Some folks like to pore over every detail- while others will pack in an hour. We are just attempting to make the experience for both types less stressful and simpler!
LUGGAGE AND PACKING:
Rule one: Don't pack heavy- pack smart! Per person, plan on one regular, soft sided piece of luggage, (we recommend duffel bags rather than suitcases) under 50 pounds and either a day pack, or a carry on roller. Or you may even choose to go full carry on for a shorter trip. If you are planning on bringing back fish, this will allow you to bring your frozen catch home as a second piece of luggage. If you can keep your gear to a carry on size, initially, then the fish box can be your 1st 50 pound piece, which will save some dough. If you are flying in or out of camp on a float plane, or over-nighting at BearCamp®, then having just what you need, and nothing you don't is definitely the way to roll.
Some other nice items to have- without overpacking:
1. Pocket knife or multi-tool, (remember this cannot be carried on with your luggage)
2. Sunglasses and retainer strap
3. Sunblock and lip balm
4. Insect repellent and/or cheap head Net
5. Personal first aid kit
6. Motion Sickness Pills (especially if Halibut Fishing or Kenai Fjords Cruising)
7. Ziploc plastic bag for keeping items dry
8. Waterproof digital Camera w/ extra battery or memory card
9. Small pair of waterproof binoculars
10. Earplugs (for any travel partners who may snore)
11. A waterproof case for your Cell phone
Receive a copy of our exciting 2018 Legendary Adventures brochure in the mail and we’ll have our 40 page catalog in the sent to you right away. In the meantime, dive into the online version, and please let us know if you have any questions! Our office staff has a combined 100 years of Alaska and worldwide adventure travel experience, and we’d love to put that knowledge to work to assist your planning.