- Travel Agent info
- Pre-Trip info
- Web Design: Orbit
Kathy you run a first class operation. Wish we could've stayed longer....
BearCamp® Terms and Conditions
Itineraries and scheduling:*Whenever possible Great Alaska Adventures endeavors to follow our itineraries as written. However, routinely, our trips deviate from the written itinerary due to weather conditions, group preference, fish runs, weather conditions, specific safety considerations, or unforeseeable circumstances; collectively what some have called “The Alaska Factor.” Our managers will work with you regarding changes as they arise but Great Alaska Adventures reserves the right to be the final say on all itinerary decisions.
50% of trip total is due at the time of booking to confirm your space. Trip balance is due 60 days prior to your trip departure date. Base rates do not include gratuities, Kenai Peninsula borough tax of 3% (This rate is subject to rise without advance notice) or items of a personal nature.
Refunds and weather related delaysTravel delays can be a factor in Alaska wilderness travel. We highly recommend extra time in Anchorage before and after your time with us, to account for any delays due to weather, acts of god, etc. Great Alaska is not responsible for any additional charges incurred due to travel delays of any kind. Overnight Bearcamp guests especially can be affected by travel delays so don't be caught unprepared. Your safety is our #1 concern and we will not fly if conditions do not safely allow it. We often do not receive prohibitive weather information until the last minute, thus travel decisions must be made quickly.
We highly recommend all bearcamp clients read and understand our cancellations and refunds policy. All bearcamp trips are weather dependent, and all who book this trip will be required to sign a acknowledgement of risk form, as well
well as to confirm they have read and understand our terms and
conditions. Understanding that and planning for it will help you to better enjoy the experience).
BearCamp Weather cancellation refund schedule 2016
There are a number of scenarios, so please read the below carefully!
- If any BearCamp trip is cancelled due to weather, and you as the traveling party do not board the van to travel from Anchorage on our provided transfers, you will receive 100% refund of your trip. The same applies if you are providing your own transfers and do not board the plane or use our facilitates whatsoever once the trip has been cancelled.
- For 1 and 2 day BearCamp® trips: If you
travel on the van from Anchorage to the lodge, but your flight to
BearCamp is cancelled and you have lunch at our lodge, but no activity, you'll receive
full refund less 100.00 per person and return to Anchorage by van that evening. (1 day Bear Viewing trips not offered in 2016)
- If you do travel on the van from Anchorage to the main lodge, and have lunch at the lodge and any substitute activity while at the lodge, and then return that SAME DAY to Anchorage on the Great Alaska van, the refund is full amount less 150.00 per person. If the substitute activity is guided fishing, then you'll receive a refund less $395.00 per person, plus tax (That is the price for our One day fishing from Anchorage).
- For 3 day BearCamp® trips: If you travel to the lodge, take meals at the lodge and do a substitute activity on day one (rather than fly to BearCamp) and then do happy hour/dinner/overnight at Great Alaska (or a local inn that we arrange), and then you fly to BearCamp the following day and enjoy 2 days, 1 night at BearCamp, then there is no refund for your trip.
- For 3 day BearCamp® trips: If you travel to the lodge, take meals at the lodge and do a substitute activity on day one (rather than fly to BearCamp) and then do happy hour/dinner/overnight at Great Alaska (or a local inn that we arrange), and then for the second day, you are not able to fly to BearCamp the following day and return to Anchorage on the van, (returning on day two) refund is trip price less $550.00 per person.
- No refunds will be given for guests choosing to leave any trip early, for any reason.
- Guests "weathered in" to the camp for extra days, will be charged a minimal fee of 150.00 per person/day if they were not scheduled to be with us on those days. No charge for guests who were scheduled to be with us on other activities.
Trips booked with an agentPlease note that if you booked your trip through an agent who netted out the commission, Great Alaska will refund the agent our paid amount, and they will be responsible for refunding you the full amount, per our policy.
By booking and paying for a trip to bearcamp, or an itinerary that includes a stay at bearcamp, you are accepting all of the above terms and conditions.